2n Intensive Training Course on Soil Micromorphology (UdL)
27/03/17 fins al 22/09/17REGISTRATION PERIOD
27/03/17 fins al 22/09/17TUITION
MAXIMUM OF STUDENTS
Curs d'especialitzaciˇ CATEGORY
Agronomia, Forest, Medi AmbientCREDITS
4.1 ECTSTRAINING MODALITY
Centre de Formació Contínua UdL
C/Jaume II, 71
Campus de Cappont
25001 - Lleida
The course will comprise lectures, exercices with thin sections provided by the lecturers and also with material brought by the participants and visits to a thin section lab. There will be a maximum of 2 participants per microscope, as well as facilities to work with the microscopes during extra time and to discuss the participants own thin sections with lecturers and colleagues. A certificate issued by the University of Lleida, under the auspices of the International Soil Science Society and the Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya will be handled to the participants who attend a minimum hours of lectures.
The approximate programme of the course is the following:
• Principles of mineralogy and petrography, optical mineralogy
• Micromorphology sampling and making thin sections
• Guidelines for the description of thin sections of soils and regoliths
• Micromorphology of soil materials and identification of soil formation processes: carbonate-, gypsum- , and salt affected soils, volcanic soils, clay accumulation, hydromorphic soils, tropical and highly weathered soils, glacial and periglacial processes.
• Micromorphometry and image processing.
• Soil genesis and classification
• Optional weekend excursion around the Tremp basin: Geology, Mediterranean soilscapes, soil genesis, sampling techniques, archaeology (roman village of Isona).
Personal work: Thin section study, exercices on thin section description
The lecturers are experienced professors and researchers from the Universities of Lleida, Ghent, Barcelona, Politécnica de Madrid and La Laguna.
Intensive Training Course on Soil Micromorphology
|Canals Sabaté, Àngels||de Melo Marcelino, Vera||Francis, Michele Louise|
|Mallol, Carolina||Poch Claret, Rosa M||Recasens, Inmaculada|
The course is directed to students or graduates in agronomy, archeology, geology, environmental sciences, forestry, or any degree including soil science or geoarcheology in its curriculum.
The admission to the course will follow the order of inscription. In case of excess of demand, criteria as the interest of the applicant, the need for micromorphology training for his/her work will be taken into account. Special criteria will be applied for particular cases.
2n Intensive Training Course on Soil Micromorphology
Universitat de Lleida
Tremp. ICGC. CST Pirineus (Tremp) http://www.ajuntamentdetremp.cat/en/coneixer-tremp/geologia/centre-de-suport-igc
DATES AND HOURS
The course will take place during the period 25 setember - 6 october 2017
First week 9:00-13:30 and 15:00-17:00
Second week 9:00-13:30 and 15:00-18:00